10. “Mary, I don’t want you to freak out, but there’s a scorpion right behind you.”
I turned around, and there it was. Me, not a fan of any bugs except maybe ladybugs, face to face with a scorpion. This was just a minor part of my adventure on my mission trip to Honduras, but it was definitely one of my most memorable.
9. After I eat something sweet, I have to follow it up with something salty. Have to. So, as if it isn’t bad enough I just ate a big slice of chocolate cake, I have to wash it down with some pretzels. It just tastes better that way.
8. My daughter’s name is my middle name. And it’s the only name my husband and I could agree on when choosing baby names.
7. I really love house plants, but I’m terrible at keeping them alive. It’s a curse.
6. I used to not be a dog person. I never grew up with a dog, and to be quite honest, I had some not so good experiences with dogs in the past. (Like my husband’s old dog chewing up my good shoe). Then I met (and fell in love with) Roxi, my sister-in-law’s dog, and she converted me to a full on dog loving person who now owns her own little puppy.
5. I don’t like seafood. It’s weird, I know, and I really, really wish I liked it because it’s so healthy.
4. I bought my first professional camera in 2010 and took a lot of really sweet photos of my nieces and nephews but it wasn’t until several years later that I really learned how to use it.
3. I have two siblings, and I’m the youngest. I guess you could say we all dream big because my sister is a writer and my brother in an entrepreneur.
2. Before photography, I was an English teacher for ten years.
1. Before I was Mary Wiet Photography, my business name was Harper & Sawyer Photography. When I started my business in 2017, I had just left teaching and wanted a name that spoke to my love of literature and that chapter in my life and connect it to the new chapter I was starting. After a lot of thought and five years in the business, I felt like the name wasn’t representing who I am now and where I want to go with my business, so I decided to rebrand and change my business name.